Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free speech is allowed at ABT!
Quote:You have received a warning from the staff of AlienBabelTech Forums.

Free speech not allowed at ABT!

I want to know who gave me a warning and why.

Edit: Free speech is allowed. The warning system has been disabled.
I did, for trolling!
Adam knew he should have bought a PC but Eve fell for the marketing hype.

Homeopathy is what happened when snake oil salesmen discovered that water is cheaper than snake oil.

The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it. -- George Carlin
Ugh! Dave!
SB, just talk to Dave about it and see what Dave does with gstanford's mod status. Smile
Ok with science that the big bang theory requires that fundamental scientific laws do not exist for the first few minutes, but not ok for the creator to defy these laws...  Rolleyes
(08-15-2015, 06:58 AM)BoFox Wrote: SB, just talk to Dave about it and see what Dave does with gstanford's mod status.  Smile

That would be just desserts, wouldn't it. Big Grin
That is OK. Don't care about mod status.

Might find a new forum not infested by brain dead trolls though.

Homeopathy is what happened when snake oil salesmen discovered that water is cheaper than snake oil.

The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it. -- George Carlin
Gstan, don't take it so religiously!! If all of those atheist scientific theories are winning the world over, then just take it easy and let science take its course. No need to be on a crusade, if you really believe that it is the truth that is taking over anyway.
Ok with science that the big bang theory requires that fundamental scientific laws do not exist for the first few minutes, but not ok for the creator to defy these laws...  Rolleyes
I am far from brain dead and I'm definitely not a troll, thank you very much!
Nobody would know that from your recent posts!

If you aren't brain dead then post intelligently! If you aren't a troll, then don't post trolling posts!

Actions speak louder than words!

I removed the warning, because gstanford was issuing warnings rather than doing his job of removing spambots.
Valve hater, Nintendo hater, Microsoft defender, AMD hater, Google Fiber hater, 4K lover, net neutrality lover.
(08-15-2015, 07:44 AM)SteelCrysis Wrote: I removed the warning, because gstanford was issuing warnings rather than doing his job of removing spambots.

Thank-you. We will see what Dave does. I normally wouldn't make a big deal about something like this but he was a real bitch about it when it happened the other way around.
(08-15-2015, 07:43 AM)gstanford Wrote: Nobody would know that from your recent posts!

If you aren't brain dead then post intelligently!  If you aren't a troll, then don't post trolling posts!

Dude I asked you not to post videos in jest in reference to your recent bitter complaint about BoFox's images! You're taking this way too far! If you're having such a bad day I suggest you go have a beer and sleep it off or something! I don't deserve this nonsense from you!
(08-15-2015, 07:43 AM)gstanford Wrote: Nobody would know that from your recent posts!

If you aren't brain dead then post intelligently!  If you aren't a troll, then don't post trolling posts!

DAVE, DAVE, DAVE!!!  Go for it!!!!  Teach Gstan to be humble!

[Image: Slap_cdf0bd_1540913.jpg]

After all is done, remove this image (but we shall never forget...)
I think I will simply logout and let this sad little forum die after the last part of the video uploads.

Let the trolls and morons argue amongst themselves. Apoppin had the right idea.

No need for you to leave just because of a few disagreements, Gstan! We're not attacking you or anything like that, geez.
Holy smokes!

Take care, gstanford, if you are indeed leaving.

:anim_shocked:
(08-15-2015, 06:57 AM)gstanford Wrote: I did, for trolling!

Freedom is the only way.

Fuck yeah!
(08-15-2015, 07:52 AM)gstanford Wrote: I think I will simply logout and let this sad little forum die after the last part of the video uploads.

Let the trolls and morons argue amongst themselves.  Apoppin had the right idea.

Do you hear that?

It's the sound of Apoppin cumming in his pants.....

"Oh boy another forum member!"
Who said anything about me going over to BTR?!

(08-15-2015, 08:08 AM)gstanford Wrote: Who said anything about me going over to BTR?!

Dave should lawyer up and take down BTR. It's a clear infringement on his site.
(08-15-2015, 08:20 AM)RolloTheGreat Wrote:
(08-15-2015, 08:08 AM)gstanford Wrote: Who said anything about me going over to BTR?!

Is it? In what way? Because of the words "babel tech"? Did either of them trademark or have any type of ownership to those words? I'm no legal expert but I really don't see Dave and Mark suing each other. The partnership is broken and both of them have moved on. And why do you keep saying "Dave's site"? I mean, right now ABT clearly belongs to Dave but when apoppin was here it was a partnership AFAIK.
(08-15-2015, 10:52 PM)SickBeast Wrote:
(08-15-2015, 08:20 AM)RolloTheGreat Wrote:

Is it?  In what way?  Because of the words "babel tech"?  Did either of them trademark or have any type of ownership to those words?  I'm no legal expert but I really don't see Dave and Mark suing each other.  The partnership is broken and both of them have moved on.  And why do you keep saying "Dave's site"?  I mean, right now ABT clearly belongs to Dave but when apoppin was here it was a partnership AFAIK.

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/a...29032.html

Quote:If you choose a domain name that conflicts with any one of the millions of commercial names that already exist, you risk losing it.

Did AlienBabelTech already exist? Yes.

Does BabelTechReviews infringe upon it's trademark? Clearly.

Quote:•One trademark legally conflicts with another when the use of both trademarks is likely to confuse customers about the products or services, or their source.
•In case of a legal conflict with a later user, the first commercial user of a trademark owns it.
•If a legal conflict is found to exist, the later user will probably have to stop using the mark and may even have to pay the trademark owner damages.

I know an owner of a web name who got hundreds of thousands of dollars in court because another company used a name very close to his.

Dave needs to speak to a lawyer about a contingency fee (no pay for lawyer unless they win) about making Apoppin cease and desist with the BabelTech, pay damages, or buy the name.

Apoppin is lucky I'm not Dave, or he would already be on hook for a percentage of every dime BTR brings in. Apoppin clearly damaged this business both by withdrawing his part of this enterprise (which may be actionable itself depending on what Dave has in writing) and is obviously continuing to damage this site by operating as an imitation site.

Dave has considerable time and money here, he's supposed to just let Apoppin steal it?
I don't find the names of the two sites confusing at all. They are clearly different. We don't even know who owned ABT when apoppin was still here. From the look of things, they both did.

The worst case scenario for apoppin is that he will have to register a new domain name. I really don't see the problem though. There is some similarity between the two names but it's not an infringement IMO.

That being said, had it been my own choice, I would have chosen a completely different name. apoppin seems to like "babel tech". I'm guessing he chose the name for ABT as well.

apoppin didn't "steal" anything. He has every right to make his own website and leave ABT. You are being ridiculous.
(08-16-2015, 01:44 AM)SickBeast Wrote: I don't find the names of the two sites confusing at all.  They are clearly different.  We don't even know who owned ABT when apoppin was still here.  From the look of things, they both did.

The worst case scenario for apoppin is that he will have to register a new domain name.  I really don't see the problem though.  There is some similarity between the two names but it's not an infringement IMO.

That being said, had it been my own choice, I would have chosen a completely different name.  apoppin seems to like "babel tech".  I'm guessing he chose the name for ABT as well.

apoppin didn't "steal" anything.  He has every right to make his own website and leave ABT.  You are being ridiculous.

As you're not a lawyer or judge, and the legal website I linked makes it look a lot like trademark infringement, Dave would be foolish (or just generous?) to leave Apoppin to work his deviltry.

At bare minimum I'd demand that BTR pay ABTs web fees in perpetuity. (and that would be my "nicer guy than I am offer") The guy I really am would be after Apoppins house and insurance. Dave put a lot of work and money into this. Apoppin not only threw that away and spit on it leaving, now he does business on Dave's trademarked name and misleads people to his website with the flagrant use of 2/3s of the trademarked name.
Quote:One trademark legally conflicts with another when the use of both trademarks is likely to confuse customers about the products or services, or their source.[

Are you telling me that you're confused between ABT and BTR? You would think that BTR content comes from ABT? They have different logos and their names are distinctly different.

You are just carrying on your beef that you have with apoppin. You need to get over it and move on.
(08-16-2015, 02:52 AM)SickBeast Wrote:
Quote:One trademark legally conflicts with another when the use of both trademarks is likely to confuse customers about the products or services, or their source.[

Are you telling me that you're confused between ABT and BTR?  You would think that BTR content comes from ABT?  They have different logos and their names are distinctly different.

You are just carrying on your beef that you have with apoppin.  You need to get over it and move on.

I guess Apoppin has nothing to worry about because His Honor SickBeast thinks people only search websites by initials that could not even work.

Of course if you search "babel tech" his website and this one come up a few lines away, but how could anyone get confused by that?

Rolleyes

Like I said, if I were Dave, I'd own Apoppin now.
At the worst a judge would make apoppin change the name. There are no damages, he's not making money at BTR (yet). You're just being stupid though.
(08-16-2015, 03:11 AM)SickBeast Wrote: At the worst a judge would make apoppin change the name.  There are no damages, he's not making money at BTR (yet).  You're just being stupid though.

The damages are here at ABT where there were advertising revenues.

We'll see how "stupid" I am- at least if Dave agrees with me.
You do realize it costs money to have this site on the web, right SB?

Ad revenues pay for sites like this, Apoppin took the advertisers with him. (as he does the reviews)

Dave can either pay for this site to continue out of pocket or it folds and we're all scattered.

Apoppin's hissy fit here was just a ruse to steal all the review (ad) revenues for himself so he didn't have to paint signs anymore.

If I were Dave and had anything in writing about "partnership", not to mention the trademark infringement, I'd lawyer up fast.

Either that or let ABT fold and spend my days thinking, "Man that guy really screwed me.".
(08-16-2015, 03:55 AM)RolloTheGreat Wrote:
(08-16-2015, 03:11 AM)SickBeast Wrote: At the worst a judge would make apoppin change the name.  There are no damages, he's not making money at BTR (yet).  You're just being stupid though.

The damages are here at ABT where there were advertising revenues.

We'll see how "stupid" I am- at least if Dave agrees with me.

The advertisers left when ABT crashed. How is that apoppin's fault? No one kept a backup of ABT.
(08-16-2015, 04:04 AM)SickBeast Wrote: The advertisers left when ABT crashed.  How is that apoppin's fault?  No one kept a backup of ABT.

Just my opinion of the situation. Cool
Well I think that apoppin can easily argue that the ad revenue loss was caused by the crash which was not his fault. He has not made any money at BTR and it will have been in operation for over a year before he does (if he does). At that point, can Dave come after him for damages? I don't think so. I really don't. Over the name? It's silly, and it's not close enough to warrant an infringement IMO.

Obviously their partnership here ended badly but I really think that the worst thing for both of them would be a lawsuit. The only people who would "win" would be the lawyers. Neither of them made any significant money with either of their websites, at least AFAIK.
You're probably right SickBeast.

I'm sure Dave has no grudge against Apoppin for stringing him along, using his work and money, stealing his trademarked name, then leaving him high and dry with a monthly expense.

Why would that piss a guy off?
RolloTheGreat Wrote:As you're not a lawyer or judge, and the legal website I linked makes it look a lot like trademark infringement, Dave would be foolish (or just generous?) to leave Apoppin to work his deviltry.

You aren't a lawyer nor a judge either! Fools gold looks like real gold but that doesn't make it so, unless there is actually a trademark on AlienBabelTech what you stated means absolutely nothing and you would be laughed out of court.

(08-16-2015, 04:03 AM)RolloTheGreat Wrote: You do realize it costs money to have this site on the web, right SB?

Ad revenues pay for sites like this, Apoppin took the advertisers with him. (as he does the reviews)

Dave can either pay for this site to continue out of pocket or it folds and we're all scattered.

Apoppin's hissy fit here was just a ruse to steal all the review (ad) revenues for himself so he didn't have to paint signs anymore.

If I were Dave and had anything in writing about "partnership", not to mention the trademark infringement, I'd lawyer up fast.

Either that or let ABT fold and spend my days thinking, "Man that guy really screwed me.".

Apoppin brought the advertisers to ABT, not Dave.  They left when he left.

(08-16-2015, 08:43 AM)gstanford Wrote:
(08-16-2015, 02:30 AM)RolloTheGreat Wrote: As you're not a lawyer or judge, and the legal website I linked makes it look a lot like trademark infringement, Dave would be foolish (or just generous?) to leave Apoppin to work his deviltry.
Quote:You aren't a lawyer nor a judge either!  Fools gold looks like real gold but that doesn't make it so, unless there is actually a trademark on AlienBabelTech what you stated means absolutely nothing and you would be laughed out of court.

It's true I'm not a lawyer, but if I were Dave, I'd seek one out and have him/her decide if there is anything here.

You, SB and I can't solve this.

If Dave has been damaged by Apoppin's chicanery, I assume you'd want him compensated?
It depends on the agreement. However apoppin was the one who drove the growth here and was the one who brought the advertising here.

(08-16-2015, 09:46 AM)gstanford Wrote: It depends on the agreement.  However apoppin was the one who drove the growth here and was the one who brought the advertising here.

Yes, on matters of the partnership.

On the trademark infringement of the website, brand name it's obvious that Apoppin knew about the AlienBabelTech name in use when he set up BabelTechReviews.

The only question there is if the use of "BabelTech" is infringement on the trademarked name.
You have to actually apply for a trademark. If ABT had one we would know it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trademark

Hilarious that I have to explain this to somebody who boasts about his college degrees (one of them being business).........

http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?f...qpk5h2.1.1

Trademark search page. Good luck finding ABT or AlienBabelTech there!