Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spillover thead
(08-19-2015, 11:43 PM)SickBeast Wrote: I'm not a big believer in people picking and choosing and then creating their own religion, Rollo.  That's how cults get started.

Be that as it may, I'm not on board with the idea that a being who exists outside of time and can create worlds out of nothing is going to sit around thinking, "Crikey, this monkey is worshipping the Sun of all things! For this transgression I will torture him for eternity! The Sun! Pfft! Hope he likes it hot!"

Or "Good job at accepting Jesus Mr. Hitler! Got a comfy chair waiting in Heaven for you! You fucked up Ghandi! Putting you in Hell with the other undesirables!"

Or "I think I'll create this race of people, and give them free will. I'll put the choice in front of them to get reward and bliss beyond compare for eternity if they jump through some hoops, but if they fail to jump, going to torture them through eternity. I'll complicate the matter by not showing up for 2000 years, but hey, there are libraries and televangelists- they should figure out the way not to be tortured!"

Too much doesn't add up for me to accept the established dogma, but I am definitely open to the idea our origins weren't random chemical mixing, and we don't know where the chemicals came from in the first place.

I'm smart enough not to try and figure it out, so no cult here.
It's actually all Poppin's fault for forcing the simulation theory down our throats! Big Grin
Ok with science that the big bang theory requires that fundamental scientific laws do not exist for the first few minutes, but not ok for the creator to defy these laws...  Rolleyes
This thread is for all the religious posts from the "apoppin claims ABT stolen from him." thread.
Adam knew he should have bought a PC but Eve fell for the marketing hype.

Homeopathy is what happened when snake oil salesmen discovered that water is cheaper than snake oil.

The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it. -- George Carlin
Are we letting that thread die? That thread was inflammatory and unnecessary from the start.
This mopup of an old thread is done.

Create a new thread (IN THE RELIGION SUBFORUM!!!) If you want to keep discussing otherwise this thread will continue to muck up the recent posts column.
Adam knew he should have bought a PC but Eve fell for the marketing hype.

Homeopathy is what happened when snake oil salesmen discovered that water is cheaper than snake oil.

The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it. -- George Carlin