Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost: BFGStanford
Fellow ABTer and prolific poster BFGstanford appears to have run away from home and is on his own in the wild somewhere.

If you see him, please tell him that Dave and SickBeast love him and care about him, and all is forgiven. He should come home immediately.
He'll be back.
(08-29-2015, 03:34 AM)SickBeast Wrote: He'll be back.

Maybe.

I see over on Trollpoppin's site BFGstanford is now a console gamer. He's now part of the decline of PC gaming and forums.
I think your auto correct is fucked up rollo, it is gstanford not BFGstanford
Rollo is an idiot. His "names" for people are really stupid and they make him look like a real asshole.
(08-30-2015, 01:43 AM)ocre Wrote: I think your auto correct is fucked up rollo,  it is gstanford not BFGstanford

I am convinced BFG10K and GStanford are the same poster.

Thus, BFGStanford.
No way!
(08-30-2015, 06:11 AM)SickBeast Wrote: No way!

Same attitude, same writing style, both from down under, both live on ARSTecnica, both thick as thieves with Apoppin, etc
Oh.

Maybe he is
Rollo you are the only one here who comes online and pretends to be someone else, I hate to break it to you.
(08-30-2015, 07:49 AM)ocre Wrote: Oh.

Maybe he is

I know it sounds far fetched.

(and may well not be true)

Back in the day I would argue back and forth for 50 posts or so with BFG10K, about video cards and then he'd pull some obscure 10 year old game out of his ass as "proof" he was right. Nothing else would matter- the card I was talking about could run 99.9% of games better, have a dozen more check box features, but because some low rent dev house a decade ago got paid off to optimize for a feature, that was his proof the card he was rambling on about was far superior.

Fast forward to present day- same thing with GStan and the XBone. XBone just does a LOT of things better than PS4 but none of that stuff matters at all. PS4 runs more games at 1080p, that it makes it the best by far and who needs that other stuff anyway? (even really useful stuff like external hard drives and backwards compatibility)

Even MORE BFG-like was his argument about the Yaris vs my 2015 GMC Sierra. What sane man would call a Yaris superior to a full size, 4wd, 355hp American truck? And even go so far as to say he bets more Americans are driving Yaris's and that the only thing a car can be judged by is how cheap it is to drive?

Either BFG and GStan are the same guy, or they're an awful lot alike.
Holy cow Rollo you just don't get it. Are you losing your mind? The Xbox One is inferior to the PS4 by pretty much every performance metric. It has DDR3 whereas the PS4 has GDDR5. That doubles the performance of the GPU in the PS4. It is *you* that is arguing about it to no end for no good reason!

As for the Yaris vs. whatever domestic junk you are talking about, I agree with gstanford. I would rather a reliable car that is good on gas instead of a gas guzzling domestic that's going to break down like crazy and cost me a ton on repairs.

It looks like you may have driven away gstanford, Rollo. I hope you're proud of yourself.
XBone has Halo etc, external USB storage, will soon stream to PC. What does PS4 have, other than overhyped exclusives?
Valve hater, Nintendo hater, Microsoft defender, AMD hater, Google Fiber hater, 4K lover, net neutrality lover.
(08-30-2015, 08:53 AM)SickBeast Wrote: Holy cow Rollo you just don't get it.  Are you losing your mind?  The Xbox One is inferior to the PS4 by pretty much every performance metric.  It has DDR3 whereas the PS4 has GDDR5.  That doubles the performance of the GPU in the PS4.  It is *you* that is arguing about it to no end for no good reason!

As for the Yaris vs. whatever domestic junk you are talking about, I agree with gstanford.  I would rather a reliable car that is good on gas instead of a gas guzzling domestic that's going to break down like crazy and cost me a ton on repairs.

It looks like you may have driven away gstanford, Rollo.  I hope you're proud of yourself.

Every metric eh? How about running Slingbox? Expanding storage? Backward compatility for games? Playing a wide variety of media and writing it to hard drive? PS4 have any of that?

Breakdown like crazy? I have a 10 year, 100,000 mile warranty on the drive train. (not to mention I never drive a car out of warranty) I've been driving full size GM trucks a long time, have NEVER had anything significant go wrong.
(08-30-2015, 09:29 AM)SteelCrysis Wrote: XBone has Halo etc, external USB storage, will soon stream to PC.  What does PS4 have, other than overhyped exclusives?

They both have exclusives, so really the only PS4 advantages I know of are a. run some games at slightly higher resolution (usually 1080P vs 900p) b. a better tv streaming service that you can only get in 5 cities on the planet.

But GStan says time and time again that all of the things XBone does better mean nothing, and people like SickBeast parrot, "Yes GStan, no one wants XBone's features!".
Here is the double standard/hypocrisy of GStan's Yaris and XBone position:

With the Yaris, the fact it costs less is the only factor that matters. Full size American trucks are more spacious, have more power, have more hauling capacity, are safer, have 10X the towing capacity, have 4wd for more versatility in where they can travel, etc.. Basically every metric a person buys a vehicle for a full size American truck dominates.

XBones not only win with many checkbox features PS4s don't share, but are also cheaper, and none of that matters. Better performance in some games is all that matters with game consoles, but better performance at everything is irrelevant with American trucks.

Basically the only metric that matters to GStan is what GStan chooses to buy.
(08-30-2015, 05:23 PM)RolloTheGreat Wrote: Basically the only metric that matters to GStan is what GStan chooses to buy.

Actually that is exactly how you come across, Rollo.
(08-30-2015, 09:17 PM)SickBeast Wrote:
(08-30-2015, 05:23 PM)RolloTheGreat Wrote: Basically the only metric that matters to GStan is what GStan chooses to buy.

Really?

What metrics do people use to buy vehicles?

Power: truck>>>>>>>>>>>>yaris
Interior room and comfort: truck>>>>>>>>>>>>>>yaris
Utility for hauling/towing: truck>>>>>>>>>>>>yaris
Safety: truck>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>yaris

Price: yaris>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>truck

That sort of proves my point. If Yaris's and trucks were the same price ($45K) and got the same mileage, not one person on the planet would drive a yaris.

As far as the consoles go, I bought them both long ago and see advantages in each. (so my viewpoint is the only defensible one)

As noted, GSTan is a BFG-esque curmudgeon that cherry picks data and puts forth crazy crap.
I think there are reasons to have Eco cars and there is nothing wrong with them. Depending on what your needs are, these cars could be 100% what you need.

But, if I need a truck........It would be a ford or Chevy. Seeing where I am employed, I should be biased.

Rollo absolutely can not drive a subcompact when he is enjoying his hobbies

But he don't understand that some people really prefer subcompacts for their needs. My mother, for instance, she couldn't drive a car that she thought was too big. It gave her anxiety. She loved small cars.
(08-30-2015, 07:14 AM)RolloTheGreat Wrote:
(08-30-2015, 06:11 AM)SickBeast Wrote: No way!

Same attitude, same writing style, both from down under, both live on ARSTecnica, both thick as thieves with Apoppin, etc

Hmm, are you really sure???????  That would be impossible as BFG10K was still active over at ATF for years, after Gstanford was banned there..  plus BFG10K doesn't cuss or go as nuts as Gstan with hate towards ATI, right?  BFG10K was a mod for a while, but Gstan cannot even control his power trips over Sickbeast..., let alone a huge forum with lots of shills..  Big Grin
Ok with science that the big bang theory requires that fundamental scientific laws do not exist for the first few minutes, but not ok for the creator to defy these laws...  Rolleyes
Gstan only left because Rollo teamed up with me against him about the PS4, therefore making Gstan not be able to tolerate Rollo anymore.  :(

Sickbeast, I think it's me, not Rollo, as to why Gstan can't tolerate it here.  It sucks though.

Or maybe he went on a camping trip or something like that (like I did, over the weekend right before kids went back to school today) even though it's winter down under in sexy Tasmania?
Ok with science that the big bang theory requires that fundamental scientific laws do not exist for the first few minutes, but not ok for the creator to defy these laws...  Rolleyes
Gstanford, I apologize for the Gyro PiTA image - I did not mean it in a bad way, just to get you to stop calling me a PiTA, that's all.
(09-01-2015, 04:56 AM)BoFox Wrote: Gstan only left because Rollo teamed up with me against him about the PS4, therefore making Gstan not be able to tolerate Rollo anymore.  :(

Sickbeast, I think it's me, not Rollo, as to why Gstan can't tolerate it here.  It sucks though.

Or maybe he went on a camping trip or something like that (like I did, over the weekend right before kids went back to school today) even though it's winter down under in sexy Tasmania?

Well I don't think you have anything to feel bad about, personally. I have always found you to be a really nice person and you've added a lot to the community here. I don't know what's going on with gstanford right now, perhaps he is going through something in his life. He lost it on all three of us - you, myself, and Rollo. With Rollo I completely understand and it's par for the course with those two but the way he reacted to your images and your religious discussions was too much IMO.

I don't get the sense that he will be back. It's too bad. Not much we can do about it though. And we can't let people dictate what we talk about on here or the way we post. That's just not a fair expectation.
GStan can't help telling people what to say.

When I was in the NV Focus Group, he used to PM malarkey to me about how I should be going about being a better Focus Group member. (and I used to reply "WTF?! I'll post whatever I want to.")

He can't resist trying to control how people speak.
Well he left in a blaze with the Closed sign and disparaging remarks.

It wasn't pretty but he is right about the lack of content obviously on the main WordPress part of the site.

All eggs were in one basket with one reviewer.

Anyone have ideas for fresh content for the Wordpress part?

I've never liked Wordpress, maybe it should just be taken offline altogether and make the Forum the main page?
(08-30-2015, 09:29 AM)SteelCrysis Wrote: XBone has Halo etc, external USB storage, will soon stream to PC.  What does PS4 have, other than overhyped exclusives?

I believe the PS4 allows streaming through its new media player. If I'm not mistaken.

(08-30-2015, 11:09 PM)RolloTheGreat Wrote:

As far as the consoles go, I bought them both long ago and see advantages in each. (so my viewpoint is the only defensible one)

As noted, GSTan is a BFG-esque curmudgeon that cherry picks data and puts forth crazy crap.

Honestly, I don't think you're that unbiased either. You've essentially called the PS4 a piece of junk, and have been arguing about the superiority of the Xbox/Microsoft's finances in the console thread (both on the old site and this one) for about a year now.

(Shrug) Just sayin.
BFG and GStan are not the same person, believe me, they aren't. I can tell you that BFG has certain characteristics that he focuses on when he makes his hardware buying decisions, and I could tell you in advance which card he would like better based solely on that criteria. To be fair, he could do that same for me. I argued with BFG more then any other person I can think of for many years, and we would have very lengthy and in depth back and forths over minutia that most people would have no clue what we were discussing even if we did show them side by side(not in a hypothetical manner, been there, done that). I probably disagree with BFG on more things than most people, but I can tell you in advance what we would disagree on and why, it may take a while to understand where he is coming from, but I can assure you that it is entirely logical if viewed from the proper perspective.

Quote:Anyone have ideas for fresh content for the Wordpress part?

What kind of content are you looking for?

Quote:I believe the PS4 allows streaming through its new media player.

PS4 can stream/remote play to a Vita or PSTV, has been able to all along.