Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ohio Cop Pulls Over Black Man Who 'Made Direct Eye Contact' With Him
8-28-2015

Ohio Cop Pulls Over Black Man Who 'Made Direct Eye Contact' With Him

Earlier this month, a police officer in Dayton, Ohio, tailed a man by the name of John Felton for two miles, then pulled him over for failing to use a turn signal 100 feet prior to making his turn. To be clear: Felton used a turn signal, but he apparently didn't put it on early enough.

Only after handing over a written warning did the officer acknowledge the real reason he'd pulled over Felton, a black man who was driving a car with out-of-state plates: He had "made direct eye contact" with the officer.

After a bit of back and forth, Felton tells the officer he's using his cell phone to record the conversation and insists he had used his turn signal.

"You did signal," the officer clarifies. "You just didn't do it 100 feet prior to your turn."

"You just needed a reason to pull me over, sir," Felton responds, handing over his license and registration. "Is there a reason you pulled me over other than that?"

The officer walks away, then returns a short time later with a written warning for the infraction.

"No disrespect, I don't have anything against police officers," Felton tells the officer, "but all the shit that's going on now, that's some scary shit to have a police officer just trailing you. ... Why were you trailing me?"

"Because you made direct eye contact with me and held onto it while I was passing you," he replies. "If you want to keep talking about it, I'll just give you a citation for the violation and we can take it to court. I'm not going to argue about it anymore."
The video is in the article.
I hate it when people don't signal soon enough before they turn.
wow

Don't make eye contact or else.....
(08-30-2015, 01:45 AM)ocre Wrote: wow

You know what, though, people can be really stupid. They do things like resist arrest or act aggressively toward the cops and then people wonder why the cop shot them. I'm not saying that all of these cases of the cops shooting people are at all justifiable, however I would be willing to wager that in most if not all of the cases the people who died did something really stupid when the cops tried to apprehend them.

Cops do a really dangerous job and I have a lot of respect for them. I think that the media is blowing a lot of this out of proportion.

Really why should you make eye contact with a cop? Just let him do his job. He even let the guy off when he clearly did something wrong. I have almost rear ended people several times because they didn't signal. I wish we actually had more cops on the road to get rid of all these losers.

I *have* seen a few cases where the cops killed someone for no good reason but those cases are *extremely* rare.
(08-30-2015, 02:17 AM)SickBeast Wrote:
(08-30-2015, 01:45 AM)ocre Wrote: wow

You know what, though, people can be really stupid.  They do things like resist arrest or act aggressively toward the cops and then people wonder why the cop shot them.  I'm not saying that all of these cases of the cops shooting people are at all justifiable, however I would be willing to wager that in most if not all of the cases the people who died did something really stupid when the cops tried to apprehend them.

Cops do a really dangerous job and I have a lot of respect for them.  I think that the media is blowing a lot of this out of proportion.

Really why should you make eye contact with a cop?  Just let him do his job.  He even let the guy off when he clearly did something wrong.  I have almost rear ended people several times because they didn't signal.  I wish we actually had more cops on the road to get rid of all these losers.

I *have* seen a few cases where the cops killed someone for no good reason but those cases are *extremely* rare.
Good points. I also wish to add that this is another case of white disprivilege. Would this have made the news if the cop was black?
Valve hater, Nintendo hater, Microsoft defender, AMD hater, Google Fiber hater, 4K lover, net neutrality lover.
(08-29-2015, 10:48 PM)SickBeast Wrote: I hate it when people don't signal soon enough before they turn.

You made me spit out my coffee on the computer.
(08-30-2015, 05:58 AM)dmcowen674 Wrote:
(08-29-2015, 10:48 PM)SickBeast Wrote: I hate it when people don't signal soon enough before they turn.

You made me spit out my coffee on the computer.

Why? You found it funny? I wasn't trying to be humorous. I genuinely dislike people who don't know how to drive. There are a ton of them where I live. I'm always having to honk my horn at people for all their nonsense. Pretty much every day on my way to work there are several complete idiots on the road.