Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strange connection problem when try to FTP
Hi guys,

Edit:

I took my laptop to work and also tried the work PC and this is still happening so it is not my home connection or PC's.

I am so done with dealing with Web Hosts.

If they don't resolve this it looks like I am done with having any web sites.

They are only good at taking your money just like any other business in this Country now.

Computers and the Internet have gone to shit and getting worse everyday.

Back in 1994 I hosted my site Mcowen.com from my home PC over my DSL connection at home and now it's gotten so convoluted and expensive and doesn't work that is just not worth it.

==========================================================
I've developed a strange problem here at home. When I try to get an FTP connection going I lose all connectivity to the web host. Cannot even ping. The web host says everything is good at their end. The site Isitdownforeveryoneorjustme shows it is just me.

It also does it with my cellphone connection so it is not Comcast either.

debi's laptop also loses the connection. It eventually comes back but not able to get FTP going anymore at all.

Like I said, very strange.
Very strange, I have never heard of that.
Well I'm leaning on it being a Comcast issue. I'm on my cell now. I can't ping this or any domain on the web host when on Comcast now even after waiting a while. I tried calling Comcast but their automated system said an hour and 40 minute wait time. Totally ridiculous.

Comcast has kept increasing the price of Internet and TV to nearly $200 and the Internet connection has been getting slower and slower.

I may as well change to AT&T Uverse which would be the same speed but hopefully without these issues I've been dealing with.
My ISP started throttling me this weekend. Very annoying. I'm only getting 12mbps when I have a 25mbps connection.

It's really hard to find a good ISP. Good luck getting it sorted out.
Changing ISP won't help. I tried from work and as soon as I tried to make an FTP connection the problem starts.
Really the strangest thing.

I think the web host is automatically blacklisting IP addresses that try an FTP connection.
Hey, try using PIA (PrivateInternetAccess) to do these kinds of things, which would keep all of the data (and everything, including tracking details) fully encrypted, I guess?
Ok with science that the big bang theory requires that fundamental scientific laws do not exist for the first few minutes, but not ok for the creator to defy these laws...  Rolleyes
OK, I gave them the tracert clearly showing the connection died in Texas. I got an E-mail that "Everything should be OK now" and low and behold I can ping the domains again.

But they didn't tell me what the fix was.