Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any ABT'ers doing Distributed Computing?
Just curious.

Should there be an ABT team?  Is DC now passe'?

thoughts?

(those who know me - know I've done a wee bit of DC in the past)  I'm thinking my new 8-core PC could crunch a few numbers.
Electricity is too expensive where I live plus I think it would put too much stress on my hardware. Sorry. Maybe others can get involved.
Hi Dan, if we get the membership numbers back up here would be good to start a team. I haven't had a desktop running since lived in New Jersey back in 2008.
(09-10-2015, 04:26 PM)dmcowen674 Wrote: Hi Dan, if we get the membership numbers back up here would be good to start a team. I haven't had a desktop running since lived in New Jersey back in 2008.
Yeah  - it's been awhile.  It's a wonder either of us would even CONSIDER the notion these days, but the "old days" were fun - until the Nazis came into the mix.
(09-12-2015, 05:43 AM)DanC Wrote:
(09-10-2015, 04:26 PM)dmcowen674 Wrote: Hi Dan, if we get the membership numbers back up here would be good to start a team. I haven't had a desktop running since lived in New Jersey back in 2008.
Yeah  - it's been awhile.  It's a wonder either of us would even CONSIDER the notion these days, but the "old days" were fun - until the Nazis came into the mix.

That's what is nice about having the site, completely open and free.

Question now is how to get content going again? Had all eggs in one basket with one reviewer.
Its a shame the way he done you dave. Its unbelievable, how could someone be so vengeful when you done so much.
I don't think it was done out of vengeance. There's nothing that can be done about it now anyways. Dave is right, we need to figure out how to get content back on the main page.