Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michigan man jailed for 30 days over $772 traffic fine dies on 17th day
9-24-2015

Macomb County, Michigan Man Dies After Serving 17 Days In Jail For Traffic Ticket

According to graphic reports, 32-year-old David Stojcevski of Roseville died just after serving 17 days in the county jail.

Stojecvski was initially arrested for careless driving and obstruction of justice during a traffic stop.

When Stojcevski failed to pay a $772 fine a judge ordered that he serve a 30 day jail sentence.

According to medical records, Stojcevski lost over 50 pounds while incarcerated.
How is the whole Debtors Prison thing working out for you Amerika?
Don't pay the fine, you do the time. Also, since he's white, there will be no outrage. :(
Valve hater, Nintendo hater, Microsoft defender, AMD hater, Google Fiber hater, 4K lover, net neutrality lover.
(09-25-2015, 01:50 AM)SteelCrysis Wrote: Don't pay the fine, you do the time.

That's what the exact words of the Judge according to his family members.
I think it's the conditions in the prisons that need to be addressed, not the penalties for bad driving. These crazy drivers absolutely should be sent to jail. They are completely nuts. Drivers like this are killing innocent people every day on our roads.
(09-25-2015, 06:00 AM)SickBeast Wrote: I think it's the conditions in the prisons that need to be addressed, not the penalties for bad driving. These crazy drivers absolutely should be sent to jail. They are completely nuts. Drivers like this are killing innocent people every day on our roads.

Texters are the worst.

At least Tennessee is getting Texters with a Trooper driving a Semi videoing the Offenders. Then a chase car get them and slams them with $10,000 fine and seizure of their phone.

Hopefully all States start doing the same thing.
Are you serious? A $10,000 fine? That's a bit excessive actually. It's around $500 where I live.

I find the worst are the aggressive drivers. They drive around like crazy people for no good reason at all.
(09-26-2015, 04:09 AM)SickBeast Wrote: Are you serious? A $10,000 fine? That's a bit excessive actually. It's around $500 where I live.

I find the worst are the aggressive drivers. They drive around like crazy people for no good reason at all.

Texting is as bad as Drunk driving, actually worse because there is so many more people Texting. The fine for Drunk driving is also $10,000 plus prison time if multiple offense or hurt others.