Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Boehner resigns
9-25-2015

John Boehner to resign as speaker, leave House

Republican House Speaker John Boehner announced Friday that he would step down from his post as the country’s No. 3 elected official and leave Congress effective Oct. 30. The bombshell announcement came a day after Boehner fulfilled his two-decade dream to host the pope at the Capitol.

Boehner’s decision emerged one day after he hosted Pope Francis. The speaker, a lifelong Catholic, was visibly emotional throughout the visit, including the pontiff’s address to a joint meeting of the Senate and House of Representatives, a first.

[url=https://www.yahoo.com/politics/john-boehner-to-resign-as-speaker-leave-house-129845772731.html][/url]
I'm sure the Pope told him he is going to rot in hell.
(09-25-2015, 11:41 PM)dmcowen674 Wrote: I'm sure the Pope told him he is going to rot in hell.

Actually Boehner quit because he's at odds with the tea party and won't de-fund Planned Parenthood or shut down the government.
Hmm. Rollo came back guys.
Damn, we all need TRUMP!!!! And his business acumen to avoid another shut-down mess (which would be far worse if it actually happened yet again in such a short period of time).
(09-27-2015, 08:09 AM)BoFox Wrote: Damn, we all need TRUMP!!!!   And his business acumen to avoid another shut-down mess (which would be far worse if it actually happened yet again in such a short period of time).

I don't know what we need in Washington anymore, not very happy with either party at present.
Trump is interesting with his tax policy. It makes no sense, though. How can he possibly tax all the "speculators" to the point that he can offer a large tax break to the middle class? It just doesn't add up for me.
(09-28-2015, 05:06 AM)SickBeast Wrote: Trump is interesting with his tax policy. It makes no sense, though. How can he possibly tax all the "speculators" to the point that he can offer a large tax break to the middle class? It just doesn't add up for me.

At least he is addressing where all the money is going, whether anything could be done about it is another story.
I hope it's not going to be a mess before we have a new President.