Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Jersey starts warrantless car searches
9-27-2015

[/url]
NJ Supreme Court reverts back to old warrantless search rule

The state Supreme Court has reversed itself and put back into place an older standard for warrantless searches by police during car stops.

The decision comes in the case of William Witt, who was charged with weapons charges after police found a gun in his center console after pulling him over for not dimming his high beams.

[url=http://newjersey.news12.com/news/new-jersey-supreme-court-reverts-back-to-old-warrantless-search-rule-1.10886978]
More marches to the beat of a Police State in Amerika.
Why are you so anti-police, Dave? They are just trying to keep everyone safe. If you're law abiding you will have nothing to worry about. I could care less if they search my car, I have nothing to hide. I would be very happy to see them pull some guns and/or drugs out of cars when they pull people over.
(09-28-2015, 01:19 AM)SickBeast Wrote: Why are you so anti-police, Dave? They are just trying to keep everyone safe. If you're law abiding you will have nothing to worry about. I could care less if they search my car, I have nothing to hide. I would be very happy to see them pull some guns and/or drugs out of cars when they pull people over.

That's the thing, they are not out to "keep everyone safe".

They are out to make as much money as possible and that includes making shit up to arrest people and get them in the "system".

You apparently have no idea how corrupt it is here in Amerika now.
(09-28-2015, 04:11 AM)dmcowen674 Wrote:
(09-28-2015, 01:19 AM)SickBeast Wrote: Why are you so anti-police, Dave?  They are just trying to keep everyone safe.  If you're law abiding you will have nothing to worry about.  I could care less if they search my car, I have nothing to hide.  I would be very happy to see them pull some guns and/or drugs out of cars when they pull people over.

That's the thing, they are not out to "keep everyone safe".

They are out to make as much money as possible and that includes making shit up to arrest people and get them in the "system".

You apparently have no idea how corrupt it is here in Amerika now.

If they are that bad, just get a dash cam.

I think that the thing for me personally is that there are so many idiots on the road where I live. I would love to see them all get busted. I can't stand driving where I live, it feels very unsafe. People are really aggressive and hazardous.
(09-28-2015, 04:25 AM)SickBeast Wrote: If they are that bad, just get a dash cam.

I think that the thing for me personally is that there are so many idiots on the road where I live. I would love to see them all get busted. I can't stand driving where I live, it feels very unsafe. People are really aggressive and hazardous.

Warrentless searches will not help people drive any better.

The main thing causing unsafe driving here is people Texting.
I want the cops to bust them all! Guns, drugs, bad drivers, people texting...all of them!

Police13 Police13 Police13 Police13 Police13
And when you have a tail light out, get pulled over for an hour and a half while they tear apart your car and bring dogs in to check when they can't find anything, that's going to be OK with you?

Now, if you happen to be going to buy a used car that you've had your eye on, and brought along enough cash to pay for it if you can talk the guy to the price you want- the police can just take that and keep it because, you know, fuck you-

http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/21/us/asset-seizures/

So now, you've been trapped on the side of the road cuffed, had your car torn apart, sat around until the dog showed up, had your car rudely tossed back together, rear seat not attached properly, mats thrown all over, you are out ten grand which you have no right to get back, are you still feeling the love for the cops?

The problem is we are creating a tier of law that makes one person, a person who by straight statistical analysis is close to a serial killer in the way their mind works, the judge and jury and encouraging them to behave irresponsibly. We used to have a rigid set of checks and balances to make sure these gestapo tactics would never happen here. Now they happen here, all the damn time.
Warrantless searches are not a good thing.

I've been pulled over for items as small as "You had a trailer bulb burned out on your boat trailer" and for this the guy wanted to see my proof of insurance and then started lecturing me when I couldn't produce a current copy.

I looked at him and said, "You think I'm driving around this $60,000 worth of stuff, and risking the rest of my assets, to save the nickels and dimes car insurance costs?!".

The phrase "I didn't know whether to shit or go blind" comes to mind. I'm sure there are people who drive around without insurance. Guys driving new full size pickups towing new 150hp boats aren't in their ranks.
(09-28-2015, 05:59 PM)BenSkywalker Wrote: And when you have a tail light out, get pulled over for an hour and a half while they tear apart your car and bring dogs in to check when they can't find anything, that's going to be OK with you?

Now, if you happen to be going to buy a used car that you've had your eye on, and brought along enough cash to pay for it if you can talk the guy to the price you want- the police can just take that and keep it because, you know, fuck you-

http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/21/us/asset-seizures/

So now, you've been trapped on the side of the road cuffed, had your car torn apart, sat around until the dog showed up, had your car rudely tossed back together, rear seat not attached properly, mats thrown all over, you are out ten grand which you have no right to get back, are you still feeling the love for the cops?

The problem is we are creating a tier of law that makes one person, a person who by straight statistical analysis is close to a serial killer in the way their mind works, the judge and jury and encouraging them to behave irresponsibly. We used to have a rigid set of checks and balances to make sure these gestapo tactics would never happen here. Now they happen here, all the damn time.

Exactly, people that spew the nonsense of "I have nothing to hide" don't realize that also means they don't own anything either including their own rights.
(09-28-2015, 11:57 PM)RolloTheGreat Wrote: Warrantless searches are not a good thing.

I've been pulled over for items as small as "You had a trailer bulb burned out on your boat trailer" and for this the guy wanted to see my proof of insurance and then started lecturing me when I couldn't produce a current copy.

I looked at him and said, "You think I'm driving around this $60,000 worth of stuff, and risking the rest of my assets, to save the nickels and dimes car insurance costs?!".

The phrase "I didn't know whether to shit or go blind" comes to mind. I'm sure there are people who drive around without insurance. Guys driving new full size pickups towing new 150hp boats aren't in their ranks.

There is one thing Georgia got right, back around 1999 they linked Insurance Companies to the Police computer system, so when you got pulled over you no longer need that outdated piece of paper as your "Proof of Insurance".
(09-28-2015, 04:53 AM)SickBeast Wrote: I want the cops to bust them all!  Guns, drugs, bad drivers, people texting...all of them!

Police13  Police13  Police13  Police13  Police13

What happened to the right to bear arms?  Back then in the heydays, rednecks used to drive trucks with a buckshot hanging in the rear window, clearly visible to all. 

Now, in this sensationalistic millennium era, where everybody plays tell-tale with their cell phones, calling 911 every time they see anything emotionally threatening, the police state takes care of the old pansies.  Too many hypersensitive old farts so scared of dying of a heart attack if they ran into a terrorist who wasn't just a deer hunter.  The irony is that they nearly suffer a heart attack exaggerating everything they report to the police, and that they're so old and insecure, grasping onto whatever they can with such contradiction!