Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Playboy magazine goes non nude
In March 2016, Playboy will no longer have nude women in it. Their subscribers have dropped to 800,000 so they are going to try a new approach.

As a subscriber since the 1980s I'm guessing my subscription will be allowed to lapse. While at my age I probably read it more than look at the pictures, the pictures were still the deal maker/breaker for me.

The end of an era, although not entirely unexpected. I got a notice that I can get my state paper for free for a month, and the print publications I do subscribe to (fishing magazines) have gotten thinner and cheaper, published less often.
Ahh, your wife will be secretly overjoyed!!! Big Grin
(10-13-2015, 10:30 PM)BoFox Wrote: Ahh, your wife will be secretly overjoyed!!!  Big Grin

She's never cared about it, she has a lot of self confidence. She's not the jealous type.

I'm kind of sad to see it go, it's where I get pop culture. (and it just seems weird to not have the year's hot college girls naked)
95% of all married women out there want to be their husband's everything and to be all he wants. Confidence might have a lot to do with it, but it still matters that she's your everything and all you want, no? It just makes her feel better if you don't want to look "down under" others. Hahaha, just messing with you.
Strange news.

I'm not sure how taking the main product away from your brand would help.

I can relate.

In a way Playboy and ABT are linked now.

While I didn't purposely get rid of main product but Playboy has done exactly that and now so both are searching for a new main product.
Perhaps it's because there's more than enough nudity to view on the internet these days. Nobody cares about Playboy anymore like they did in the pre-internet days, because they can see zillions of videos of complete nudity, and a Playboy can offer only a few pages of 3 different women, including a small poster? Perhaps Playboy wants to appeal to a broader audience, by not being restricted to the adult category that most stores do not carry.
(10-14-2015, 06:14 AM)BoFox Wrote: Perhaps it's because there's more than enough nudity to view on the internet these days.  Nobody cares about Playboy anymore like they did in the pre-internet days, because they can see zillions of videos of complete nudity, and a Playboy can offer only a few pages of 3 different women, including a small poster?  Perhaps Playboy wants to appeal to a broader audience, by not being restricted to the adult category that most stores do not carry.

When I was a kid, Playboy was the Holy Grail. These days, a kid with a smart phone can see whatever he wants.

I think Playboy is committing suicide here though- it will never be "hip" to read Playboy these days. Take away the 15 pages of hot naked women, they're the next AMD.
(10-13-2015, 11:06 PM)BoFox Wrote: 95% of all married women out there want to be their husband's everything and to be all he wants.  Confidence might have a lot to do with it, but it still matters that she's your everything and all you want, no?  It just makes her feel better if you don't want to look "down under" others.  Hahaha, just messing with you.

My wife was a pretty girl finishing her BS-Accounting (which she worked her way through) when I met her over 20 years ago, and has aged gracefully. Since then she's worked her way into a variety of management roles and could buy and maintain our household on her own. (as could I) She's also a decent candidate for "worlds best mom" and still my best friend.

I think she knows that if this month's centerfold said to me, "I'll pay you a million to have sex me in a hotel room I pay for." I'd just smile and say,"No thanks.". (and I actually have turned down several straight out offers over the years, some from women I would have loved to do it with)

The partnership we've made means more to me than anything else.
Lololololol
Sorry rollo, if you are saying that you have had to turn down multiple females who were offering you large sums of money to have sex with them.....

That's bs
(10-15-2015, 12:31 AM)ocre Wrote: Lololololol
Sorry rollo, if you are saying that you have had to turn down multiple females who were offering you large sums of money to have sex with them.....

That's bs

I probably should have put some space between those two sentences, but both are true.

I would turn down a Playmate with a million dollars.

I have turned down attractive, college grad women who straight out asked me to have sex with them because I am committed to my wife. (and lucky to have her, good wife makes a HUGE difference in life)

You are correct in that no one has offered me money for it.
(10-14-2015, 06:28 PM)RolloTheGreat Wrote:
(10-13-2015, 11:06 PM)BoFox Wrote: 95% of all married women out there want to be their husband's everything and to be all he wants.  Confidence might have a lot to do with it, but it still matters that she's your everything and all you want, no?  It just makes her feel better if you don't want to look "down under" others.  Hahaha, just messing with you.

My wife was a pretty girl finishing her BS-Accounting (which she worked her way through) when I met her over 20 years ago, and has aged gracefully. Since then she's worked her way into a variety of management roles and could buy and maintain our household on her own. (as could I) She's also a decent candidate for "worlds best mom" and still my best friend.

I think she knows that if this month's centerfold said to me, "I'll pay you a million to have sex me in a hotel room I pay for." I'd just smile and say,"No thanks.". (and I actually have turned down several straight out offers over the years, some from women I would have loved to do it with)

The partnership we've made means more to me than anything else.

LOL!  Well, my wife is a common jealous type.  She might be a bit confident at times, but still, she just wants to be my everything and all I got.  Back in college, when we were engaged, but living with a roommate who was considered by so many to be the most attractive female on the entire campus (with double-D breasts), I think it did somehow built my wife's confidence as I didn't ultimately choose the "trophy" roommate girl over my wife (fiancee at the time).  When we got married, she burst into a torrent, bawling so loud in front of everybody.  It was crazy embarrassing, and I think it made others suspicious or jealous.  A lot of my friends were crazy about her, and they still are.  While my wife might be a common jealous type who wants all of me, she's a very unique personality.  Not the same as others at all.  Sometimes she has a cold side, that does not express very well - I think she's just naturally highly independent and self-sufficient as she grew up that way.  It took years for us to resolve the certain aloofness distance that we had between us, and sometimes I still remind her that I'd like us to work on it a bit more.  If she were raised a Catholic, she'd make a perfect nun by the way (shhhh... I hope she never reads this post, lol).  Well, there were a lot of scars from college, and sometimes I feel like she never really gets over it.  I can't ever go back and change that, no matter how much I wish I could, so that she could just rest happy knowing that she was all I had and wanted.
(10-16-2015, 12:54 AM)BoFox Wrote: LOL!  Well, my wife is a common jealous type.  She might be a bit confident at times, but still, she just wants to be my everything and all I got.  Back in college, when we were engaged, but living with a roommate who was considered by so many to be the most attractive female on the entire campus (with double-D breasts), I think it did somehow built my wife's confidence as I didn't ultimately choose the "trophy" roommate girl over my wife (fiancee at the time).  When we got married, she burst into a torrent, bawling so loud in front of everybody.  It was crazy embarrassing, and I think it made others suspicious or jealous.  A lot of my friends were crazy about her, and they still are.  While my wife might be a common jealous type who wants all of me, she's a very unique personality.  Not the same as others at all.  Sometimes she has a cold side, that does not express very well - I think she's just naturally highly independent and self-sufficient as she grew up that way.  It took years for us to resolve the certain aloofness distance that we had between us, and sometimes I still remind her that I'd like us to work on it a bit more.  If she were raised a Catholic, she'd make a perfect nun by the way (shhhh... I hope she never reads this post, lol).  Well, there were a lot of scars from college, and sometimes I feel like she never really gets over it.  I can't ever go back and change that, no matter how much I wish I could, so that she could just rest happy knowing that she was all I had and wanted.

You and I think alike. When you find the right woman to share your life with, you don't fuck it up.