Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scott Wasson of Tech Report joins AMD
http://techreport.com/blog/29390/into-a-new-era

Further evidence of the demise of tech sites, nothing left to write about in the absence of real competition.

Apoppin seems to think doing reviews of driver updates will carve him a niche. My guess is no one really cares if the Fury X goes from 36 to 38fps at GTAV. (at least not enough to seek out BTR) When we're down to intel releasing their 5% upgrade every 2 years and NVIDIA releasing a new card every two year, my guess is the "I run benchmarks to eek out an ad revenue living" industry will go the way of Polaroid cameras.

Tech Report's forums were already pretty dead when they banned me without cause, my guess is this ends them. (They told me that although I hadn't broken the forum rules, they were tired of dealing with the complaints of the AMD fanboys. Same as Rage3d, HardOCP several other sites)

Look at what happened to SharkyExtreme when Sharky left, Firing Squad when Thresh left, or Beyond3d when Wavey Dave left. Would be interesting to know how many websites ended with AMD hires.
(12-03-2015, 05:50 PM)RolloTheGreat Wrote: http://techreport.com/blog/29390/into-a-new-era

Further evidence of the demise of tech sites, nothing left to write about in the absence of real competition.

Apoppin seems to think doing reviews of driver updates will carve him a niche. My guess is no one really cares if the Fury X goes from 36 to 38fps at GTAV. (at least not enough to seek out BTR) When we're down to intel releasing their 5% upgrade every 2 years and NVIDIA releasing a new card every two year, my guess is the "I run benchmarks to eek out an ad revenue living" industry will go the way of Polaroid cameras.

Tech Report's forums were already pretty dead when they banned me without cause, my guess is this ends them. (They told me that although I hadn't broken the forum rules, they were tired of dealing with the complaints of the AMD fanboys. Same as Rage3d, HardOCP several other sites)

Look at what happened to SharkyExtreme when Sharky left, Firing Squad when Thresh left, or Beyond3d when Wavey Dave left. Would be interesting to know how many websites ended with AMD hires.

I'm pretty sure this is just a short-term thing for Scott and he will soon be back at TR. This is easy money for him (basically teaching AMD how FRAPS works - LOL!). AMD isn't long for this world though.
Adam knew he should have bought a PC but Eve fell for the marketing hype.

Homeopathy is what happened when snake oil salesmen discovered that water is cheaper than snake oil.

The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it. -- George Carlin