Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AVG Has Jumped The Shark
http://www.extremetech.com/internet/2201...s-about-it
Finger
AVG is garbage. Always has been, always will be. It is the virus on any machine unforunate enough to have it installed. There are many superior free anti-virus alternatives to this crap.
Adam knew he should have bought a PC but Eve fell for the marketing hype.

Homeopathy is what happened when snake oil salesmen discovered that water is cheaper than snake oil.

The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it. -- George Carlin
(12-31-2015, 07:16 AM)gstanford Wrote: AVG is garbage.  Always has been, always will be.  It is the virus on any machine unforunate enough to have it installed.  There are many superior free anti-virus alternatives to this crap.

I've seen AVG lock down some non virus programs lately.

Finger AVG
I switched to Avast many years ago   Hello_Dave
That (Avast) has been my personal recommendation for the better part of a decade now, however, any free anti-virus that ISN'T AVG should work well

Homeopathy is what happened when snake oil salesmen discovered that water is cheaper than snake oil.

The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it. -- George Carlin
What about the built-in antivirus that comes with windows 8 and up?  Before with Win7, it was just anti-spyware, but now I see it's both.  Avast was decent, but I didn't like how the slow-down became really noticeable as the drives filled up (or the updated program just ran much slower?)..  Now, I just like how simple it is to just have it already built-in with Windows and now MalwareBytes also has this new free program called Anti-Exploit that shields web browsing.
https://www.malwarebytes.org/antiexploit/
  Never really had problems even with my 7-year old son clicking on the rare ads that aren't blocked by Adblock Plus.
Can't comment on Win 8 and up, don't have it at home.

With Adblock Plus ensure you untick the "allow some non-intrusive advertising" checkbox in filter preferences:

[Image: KS9KDhU.jpg]

Fanbloodytastic, mate (I'm just trying out Australian slang with you)