Kingston Digital Ships Latest Secure USB Flash Drive to Further Protect Data for Enterprises
- Affordable Enterprise-Grade Security Helps Address Privacy and Regulation Concerns
- First to Market Hardware Encrypted USB 3.0 Performance
- DataTraveler Vault – Privacy 3.0 USB Flash Drive also Available with
Optional Award-Winning Proactive Malware Protection from ESET
Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced the release of the DataTraveler Vault Privacy 3.0 (DTVP) secure USB Flash drive, as well as the DataTraveler Vault Privacy 3.0 Anti-Virus, which helps enterprises safeguard business data and set security policies for end-users at an affordable price point. DTVP 3.0 provides 100-percent hardware-based encryption of confidential information and is also available separately with ClevX DriveSecurity™ powered by ESET anti-virus protection. The anti-virus engine utilizes ESET’s NOD 32® proactive award-winning technology, which protects corporate end-users wherever they work or plug in.
As the workforce becomes more mobile, businesses must take the appropriate steps to educate their employees and establish security policies so sensitive data cannot be accessed by unauthorized users or cyber criminals. Kingston’s DataTraveler® Vault Privacy 3.0 USB Flash drive provides affordable business-grade security with 256-bit AES hardware-based encryption using XTS block cipher mode, which offers stronger protection than CBC and ECB modes. It is the first-to-market hardware-encrypted secure USB Flash drive with USB 3.0 performance.
DTVP 3.0 is available with optional, easy to deploy and easy to use (no installation required) anti-virus protection from ESET/ClevX that protects the drive’s contents from viruses, spyware, Trojans, worms, rootkits, adware and other Internet-borne threats. The ESET NOD32 anti-virus engine provides instant alerts and comes with a five-year pre-activated license.
“At ESET, we are proud to be joining forces with one of the global leaders in memory products. With ClevX DriveSecurity, Kingston USB sticks add another important layer of protection and we are confident that ESET technology will offer further benefit to Kingston and PC users,” adds ESET Chief Sales and Marketing Officer, Ignacio Sbampato.
There are many examples of breaches involving lost or stolen USB Flash drives resulting in large security leaks. The likes of targeted attacks such as the notorious Stuxnet worm and Flame virus continue to loom. Recent examples include:
· In the United Kingdom, the Greater Manchester Police Department was fined £150,000 by the UK Information Commissioner’s Office after an officer brought a Flash drive home containing personal information of more than 1,000 individuals with links to serious criminal investigations. The drive was stolen when the home was burglarized. The stolen device was not encrypted or password protected.
· In India, the Eastern Naval Command of the Indian Navy experienced a breach of their highly-secure, non-Internet connected PCs/ Malware hidden on a secret folder within a USB drive collected information when a user inserted it into a Naval Command PC. Classified data pertaining to sea trials of the country’s first nuclear missile submarine was stored on the drive until it was plugged into an Internet-connected PC so it could be transmitted to another foreign country.
· In the United States, a contractor in charge of developing North Carolina’s Medicaid billing system lost an unencrypted USB drive containing the personal information of more than 50,000 nationwide providers, which included full names, Social Security numbers, addresses and dates of birth.
“Many enterprise organizations take security and protecting confidential information extremely seriously, yet still fail to set or follow all security policies,” said Andrew Ewing, secure USB business manager, Kingston. “With the latest DTVP 3.0 security features and optional anti-malware protection by ESET coupled with best practices, organizations can better safeguard confidential data. Kingston has also helped enterprises future proof their investment by implementing fast USB 3.0 speeds and designing controllers which allow NAND to be interchanged without requalification and certification of security features.”
For more information visit www.kingston.com.
Kingston DataTraveler Vault Privacy 3.0 and DataTraveler Vault Privacy Anti-Virus
Features & Specifications:
Read-Only Access Mode: when selected, access files in Read-only Mode to avoid potential Malware risks
Enforced password protection: complex password is user set with minimum characteristics to prevent unauthorized access
Secure: drive locks down and reformats after 10 intrusion attempts
Easy to use: no admin rights or application installation required
Customizable: preload content, password length, maximum number of password attempts and internal/external serialization numbering
Business-Grade Security: 100 percent of stored data is protected by hardware-based, 256-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) in XTS mode
· Durable design: resilient protection for data in a waterproof3 aluminum casing
· USB 3.0: latest USB standard guarantees backwards compatibility with USB 2.0
· Capacities: 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, 32GB, 64GB
· Speed: USB 3.0:
o 4GB: 80MB/s read, 12MB/s write
o 8GB, 16GB: 165MB/s read, 22MB/s write
o 32GB: 250MB/s read, 40MB/s write
o 64GB: 250MB/s read, 85MB/s write
o 4GB: 30MB/s read, 12MB/s write
o 8GB–64GB: 30MB/s read, 20MB/s write
· Dimensions: 77.9mm x 22mm x 12.05mm
· Operating Temperature: 32°F to 140°F (0°C to 60°C)
· Storage Temperature: -4°F to 185°F (-20°C to 85°C)
· Minimum System Requirements:
USB 3.0 compliant and 2.0 compatible
Two (2) free drive letters required for use4
· Guaranteed: 5-year warranty with free technical support