Kingston Digital Ships Dual Interface USB for Android Smartphones, Tablets
Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced the launch of the DataTraveler microDuo. A small form factor combination USB and microUSB Flash drive, DataTraveler® microDuo allows consumers to expand the storage of their Android™ tablets and smartphones.
DataTraveler microDuo uses the microUSB port on devices – often used for charging – to expand storage up to 64GB. This is especially helpful as more and more smartphones and some tablets come without a microSD card storage expansion slot. The drive can be used with any USB On-The-Go compatible device and the dual interface allows users to transfer files without plugging into a PC*. Smartphones and tablets shoot hi-res photos and HD video, and with some devices now shooting 4K video, consumers can easily move large files, photos, videos and music off the device to free up space just like a normal Flash drive.
“DT microDuo is a great companion device to mobile phones or tablets as it lets users back up files on the go thus freeing up space, or share files between devices with ease,” said Jean Wong, Flash memory business manager, Kingston®. “Its sleek design has a built-in key loop and rotating cap, so it is small in size and big on storage. Travelers can take entire libraries of music or videos with them on trips without worrying about filling up the memory on their own device.”
For a list of compatible devices visit www.kingston.com/otg/
Kingston DataTraveler microDuo Features and Specifications:
- · USB OTG (On-The-Go): a standard which enables host functionality in certain phones/tablets with microUSBports, enabling connectivity to USB devices like Kingston’s DT microDuo
- · 2-in-1: microUSB and USB 2.0 connectors for easy transfer of files between smartphones, tablets, and computers
- · Plug-and-Play: simply connect as you would a standard USB Flash drive
- · Convenient: ultra-small, pocket-sized design for easy transportability
- Capacities**: 8GB, 16GB, 32GB, 64GB
- Interface: USB 2.0
- Dimensions: 27.63mm x 16.46mm x 8.56mm
- Operating Temperatures: 32°F to 140°F (0°C to 60°C)
- Storage Temperatures: -4°F to 185°F (-20°C to 85°C)
- Warranty/support: 5-year warranty with free technical support
*File manager app required for file transfer. Free ES File Explorer available for download on Google Play™.
** Some of the listed capacity on a Flash storage device is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. As such, the actual available capacity for data storage is less than what is listed on the products. For more information, go to Kingston’s Flash Memory Guide at kingston.com/flashguide.
Kingston can be found on: