Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amazon Bans Apple TV And Chromecast
http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/Amazo...ces-135274
Yep, if you had any doubts, Amazon is evil and anti-competitive.
Valve hater, Nintendo hater, Microsoft defender, AMD hater, Google Fiber hater, 4K lover, net neutrality lover.
(10-02-2015, 01:15 AM)SteelCrysis Wrote: Yep, if you had any doubts, Amazon is evil and anti-competitive.

All Corporations are now, we are at fault allowing the Corporations to take over the Government.

The Fox is in charge of the Hen house.
I don't see Apple or Google selling Amazon products.
I don't see Apple or Google being as big as Amazon either.
Valve hater, Nintendo hater, Microsoft defender, AMD hater, Google Fiber hater, 4K lover, net neutrality lover.
That is utterly ridiculous. Do they really think people wont get these devices elsewhere?

Amazon will be making enemies doing stuff like this.
I will say that Amazon should be nice to Google. They should be grateful for the Android OS that they use on all their products. Google gave that to them for free. I wonder if there would be a way for Google to lock Amazon out of Android completely. That would only be fair IMO if Amazon is going to do this to them.
http://www.extremetech.com/internet/2155...t-apple-tv
Quote:Amazon’s CEO, Jeff Bezos, has previously boasted that Amazon Prime customers spend an average of $1,500 per year at Amazon, compared to just $625 for regular shoppers. If that’s true, it means that Amazon Prime customers account for a disproportional amount of the site’s overall revenue — and Amazon has every reason to try to lock them into its own ecosystem. This push explains the increased ad presence on the newly designed FireOS, as well as the generally lower-quality experience on these devices — Amazon is stepping up its lock-in.

This has nothing to do with customer confusion. Instead, it’s a push to create an Amazon-like wall around video content, the same way Apple walls basically everything, and Google locks down Android. For a company that often credits its own operating system as the anti-Google when it comes to not gathering personal information about its users, Amazon is all too willing to enact lockouts that ensure customers have choice but to use its own products.

For a company that squawked so loudly about Apple’s illegal collusion with publishers, Amazon has no problems abusing its own dominant market position to ensure customers are guided towards its own products and away from others. Roku ought to be looking over its shoulder. Netflix would almost certainly already be on the chopping block, if Amazon thought it could get away with it.
(10-03-2015, 07:22 PM)SickBeast Wrote: I will say that Amazon should be nice to Google.  They should be grateful for the Android OS that they use on all their products.  Google gave that to them for free.  I wonder if there would be a way for Google to lock Amazon out of Android completely.  That would only be fair IMO if Amazon is going to do this to them.

QFT!!!  But Amazon is setting a bad example for Google, etc..  I'd hate to see Google start to be as selfish as Amazon. 

I really do not like Amazon, and almost never buy anything from there.  Most other retail sources along with Ebay are usually cheaper, and a better experience for me.  It's amazing how Amazon has gotten this far after being primarily a place of buying/selling books.  Back then, I sold college textbooks on Amazon because they usually sold for around 1.5x as much as on Ebay.  Now, most books on Amazon hardly sell for any more than on Ebay. 

I just really hope there is something to seriously humble Amazon someday.  We have Netflix, Hulu, HBO Online, etc..  no need for Amazon Prime while I buy about 2 things a year from Amazon on average.   Right now, the used online marketplace is basically a duopoly - either Amazon or Ebay.  Hopefully someday another company like Newegg or Tigerdirect will launch a serious competition against Amazon by allowing it to be extremely easy for us to sell computer hardware on their site with super low fees, etc..  What company would consider it beneficial to do so, potentially harming their own direct retail sales?