The EVGA GTX 660 Ti Superclocked edition arrives
TheEVGA GTX 660 Ti Superclocked
The EVGA GTX 660 Ti Superclocked is an interesting card but there is nothing fancy to see from the outside. It is a physically small card as its dimensions are 4.4 wide x 9.5 inches long. EVGA has moved the PCIe connectors from on the end of the card on the GTX 560 Ti to the side of the card on the 660 which is much more convenient for small cases. The card arrives in a typical EVGA box that advertises the card without its specifications on its outside other than it is “SC – Superclocked”. It mentions PCIe 3.o, PhysX, 3-way SLI, DirectX11 and 3D Vision Surround.
The back of the EVGA box goes into more detail about support for 4 concurrent displays and we see the key features of the card as well as EVGA’s premium 3 year warranty is highlighted:
Great utilities are included, including EVGA’s Precision overclocking utility which includes an improved GPU voltage tuner. The box doesn’t mention that if you purchase this card, you can also get a free digital download of the soon-to-be-released DX11 Borderlands 2 which is a sixty dollar value.
EVGA wants to remind everyone that they are Nvidia’s Number 1 partner in many areas and also have many well-deserved awards for product excellence. They also include a EVGA poster in the box with a Borderlands-style theme.
The video card comes well-protected in an anti-static injection molded plastic shell instead of last year’s anti-static bags. It is far easier to reuse, recycle and store bags. However, the plastic shell is more protective of its contents.
Inside the box besides the new GTX, we find a driver CD, manual, warning label, plastic EVGA decal, DVI to VGA connector and two dual Molex to 6-Pin PCI-E power connectors.
The SLI connectors are covered in the above image with a plastic protector. Superclocked GTX 660 Ti is set up for 2- or 3-way SLI with one or two other 660 Ti’s. You can mix cards from different vendors with different clock speeds but you cannot mix cards with different amounts of cores or different framebuffers as you can with AMD’s competing multi-GPU solution, CrossFire.
Here are the connectors; 2 dual-link DVI, 1 HDMI 1.4a and 1 DisplayPort 1.1a
Let’s turn it over.
Let’s look at what EVGA offers us over the reference and other partner versions with their Superclocked GTX 660-Ti:
- Overclocked out of the box – This card offers a +65MHz core speed increase out of the box.
- EVGA PrecisionX – This utility allows overclocking, monitoring and fanspeed adjustments as well as voltage adjustments with the latest version. It is located on the DVD that ships with the card. For more information, please visit http://www.evga.com/precision
- EVGA OC Scanner – EVGA OC Scanner is fully supported by the Superclocked EVGA GTX 660 Ti. This utility allows you to benchmark, monitor and stress test your EVGA card. For more information, please visit www.evga.com/ocscanner
- EVGA Customer Support – EVGA’s acclaimed customer support can be contacted by support ticket, email, and phone. For more information, please visit http://www.evga.com/support/warranty/
- EVGA Community – Active game servers, thriving forums, integrated chat and social networks allow users to ask questions or get help wherever they feel the most comfortable. For more information, please visit www.evga.com/community/
- EVGA Warranty – EVGA offers a variety of warranties to fit their customer’s needs. This card comes with a basic 3 year warranty which may be extended. For more information, please visit www.evga.com/warranty/
- EVGA Advanced RMA Program – EVGA offers this service to help reduce the downtime of a customer’s system by shipping a replacement product first and lets their customer deal with EVGA directly for quick and efficient service. For more information, please visit www.evga.com/ear/
The EVGA GTX 660 Ti Superclocked is factory overclocked and warrantied for at least 3 years and it is transferrable as it is now tied to the serial number, not the customer. EVGA has included their PrecisionX overclocking software on the driver DVD or as a download on their site and you can even raise the voltage. This is a tool that we use with great results including overclocking our new GTX beyond the factory overclock. With a great warranty and advanced RMA’s optional, EVGA offers great service!
Because of consumer demand EVGA recently made the following changes:
- Most EVGA products now carry a 3 Year Warranty (also upgradable to 5 or 10 years upon registration).
- Product warranty covers the product, not the user.
- Registration is no longer required for RMAs with the EVGA Guest RMA process.
- Step-Up and Extended Warranties will be available for all original owners registered with the new global RMA system within 30 days of the purchase.
- If you move, you can send your product back to your local warranty center no matter what region you purchased it in.
- A new Standard Cross-Shipping RMA service is available.
We can’t wait to test out our new card, but before we begin the testing, head over to our testing configuration.