Introducing the new EVGA GTX 560 Ti 448 Core FTW
TheEVGA GTX 560 Ti 448 Core FTW
The EVGA GTX 560 Ti 448 Core FTW is an interesting card but there is nothing fancy to see from the outside. It is a physically small card as its dimensions are 4.4 wide x 9 inches long, not forgetting that the PCIe connectors are on the end of the card and inserting the cables must be considered for small cases. The card arrives in a typical EVGA box that advertises the card without its specifications on its outside. It mentions PhysX, SLI, DirectX11 and 3D Vision Surround without mentioning that Surround requires SLI to power it; 3D Vision only needs one card.
Great utilities are included, including EVGA’s Precision overclocking utility which now includes an integrated GPU voltage tuner. The box doesn’t mention that if you purchase this card, you can also get a free digital download of the just-released DX11 Batman: Arkham City which we previewed here.
The end flaps show the PC requirements for this card as well as what is included in the box.
The 448 core GTX 560 Ti is set up for 2- or 3-way SLI with one or two other 448 core GTX 560 Ti’s. You can mix cards from different vendors with different clock speeds but you cannot mix cards with different amounts of cores or different framebuffers as you can with AMD’s competing multi-GPU solution, CrossFire.
Let’s look at what EVGA offers us over the reference and other partner versions with their 448 Core GTX 560-Ti FTW:
- Overclocked out of the box – This card offers a +65MHz core speed increase out of the box along with a memory boost.
- EVGA Precision – This utility allows overclocking, monitoring and fanspeed adjustments as well as voltage adjustments with the latest version. It is located on the DVD that ships with the card. For more information, please visit www.evga.com/precision/
- EVGA OC Scanner – EVGA OC Scanner is fully supported by the 448 Core EVGA GTX 560 Ti FTW. This utility allows you to benchmark, monitor and stress test your EVGA card. For more information, please visit www.evga.com/ocscanner/
- EVGA Customer Support – EVGA’s acclaimed customer support can be contacted by support ticket, email, and phone. For more information, please visit http://www.evga.com/support/
- EVGA Community – Active game servers, thriving forums, integrated chat and social networks allow users to ask questions or get help wherever they feel the most comfortable. For more information, please visit www.evga.com/community/
- EVGA Warranty – EVGA offers a variety of warranties to fit their customer’s needs. This card comes with a basic 3 year warranty which may be extended. For more information, please visit www.evga.com/warranty/
- EVGA Advanced RMA Program – EVGA offers this service to help reduce the downtime of a customer’s system by shipping a replacement product first and lets our valued customer deal with the EVGA directly for quick and efficient service. For more information, please visit www.evga.com/ear/
The EVGA GTX 560 Ti 448 Core FTW is factory overclocked. EVGA has included their Precision overclocking software on the driver DVD or as a download on their site and you can even raise the voltage. This is a tool that we use with great results including overclocking our new GTX beyond the factory overclock. With a great warranty and advanced RMA’s optional, EVGA offers great service!
We can’t wait to test out our new card, but before we begin the testing, head over to our testing configuration.