Mediacoder brings free video encoding on Nvidia GPUs
MediaCoder is a free universal batch media transcoder, which nicely integrates most popular audio/video codecs and tools into an all-in-one solution. It contains most of the codecs needed to encode you input files into various output formats.
Features In Brief
- Converting to between most popular audio and video formats in batch
- Multi-threading design, optimized for multi-core processors (average CPU utilization on quad-core processors over 90%)
- Full control over transcoding parameters
- Simplified UI for popular mobile devices (e.g. PSP, iPhone/iPod)
- Fully standalone, no dependancy on system codecs/splitters
- Media Transcoding Platform to expand UI and improve user experience
Mediacoder is a completely free software without any trial or pay to use based method.
In the 0.7.1 release of the software, a CUDA based encoder has been added making use of NVIDIA CUDA technology to accelerate H.264 encoding and video filtering.
System requirements for using MediaCoder with CUDA acceleration:
- NVIDIA GeForce 8/9/GTX with at least 256MB display memory
- NVIDIA GeForce driver 185.85 or later installed
For information on CUDA, visit http://www.nvidia.com/object/cuda_home.html
For a list of CUDA enabled GPUs, visit http://www.nvidia.com/object/cuda_learn_products.html
We will be publishing our tests soon, however we would like to warn you that video encoding on the GPUs is still in its infancy which means that output video quality is still better on the CPU based encoders.