The Toshiba Satellite U400 series offer small, lightweight and fully functional notebooks. They are not to be confused with netbooks, whose duties include the most basic of tasks such as working with office documents, messaging and browsing the net.
In this review, I will be taking a look at one of Toshiba’s U400 series laptops; specifically the Toshiba Satellite U405-S2915.
Toshiba Satellite U405-S2915 Specifications are as follows:
- Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium with SP1 (64-bit)
- Processor: 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo T6400 (800MHz FSB, 2MB Cache)
- Graphics: Intel GMA 4500MHD
- Screen: 13.3″ WXGA Display (1280×800)
- Memory: 4GB DDR2-800 (PC2-6400)
- Storage: 320GB SATA HDD (5400rpm)
- Optical Drive: DVD SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-R/RW with Double Layer Support
- 10/100Mbps LAN
- Intel Wi-Fi Link 5100AGN WLAN
- Bluetooth 2.1 with Enhanced Data Rate (EDR)
- 5-in-1 Card Reader
- FM Tuner with antenna
- Power: 4800mAh 6-cell Li-Ion battery, 75W AC adapter
- Dimensions: 12.4″ x 9.0″ x 1.13-1.38″
- Weight: 4.41lbs
- Warranty: 1-year
- Price as configured: $899.99
Note: Service Pack 1 (SP1) was only used in this review because it is what came on the machine by default. I highly recommend updating this to SP2.